Interests & Values (PIAV)
The Personal Interests, Attitudes, and Values Profile (PIAV) – The PIAV assessment is able to present information on a person’s strength of interest, attitudes and values in six major categories. The assessment will give you and your business a better understanding of how important each of the six categories are to a person and how they play out in day to day life. Your business can benefit form the PIAV assessment by giving you the ability to hear what is actually being said by others in your company, empower you to speak a motivating language, cut out wasted time, and see your company from different points of view.
What is PIAV?
This is an assessment based upon the work of Eduard Spranger who wrote Types of Men in 1928. The PIAV is an assessment of a person’s strength of interest, attitudes, and values in six major categories. These categories are:
- Theoretical – people with the goal to discover truth and knowledge. They ask a lot of questions and look for facts.
- Utilitarian/Economic – people with the goal to leverage resources and maximize return on investments. They looking for money or other concrete rewards.
- Aesthetic – people with the goal to achieve self-realization, Self Fulfillment and self-actualization. They are into beauty and harmony.
- Social – people with the goal to eliminate hate, conflict and injustice. They are very willing to teach and help others.
- Individualistic – people with the goal to achieve power, position and influence. They like to be in charge.
- Traditional/Regulatory – people with the goal to follow a system for living.
How can PIAV help you?
The PIAV assessment will give you and your business a better understanding of how important each of the six categories are to a person and how they play out in their day to day life, both at home and work. Your business can benefit form the PIAV assessment by discovering personal values of your employees and how they shape behavior. You can develop strategies to motivate yourself, management and employees by reducing conflict and enhancing an environment of cooperation and team building.
Through the insights held within the PIAV profile, you will be able to:
- Hear the true meaning of what is being said.
- Learn to use communication to your advantage.
- Speak to your customers and employees in a language that will motivate them.
- Learn to be the leader in any situation.
- Stop wasting valuable time that could otherwise be used to accomplish goals.
- Receive more praise, more promotions, and authority.
- See your business from everyone’s point of view.